We are grateful for your support of our church. Online Giving allows you to make contributions to our church without writing checks or worrying about cash donations. This site lets you set up automatic contributions from your checking or savings account and change the timing or the amount of your gift at any time. You may manage your contributions between various categories, and you may make Quick Give donations to special causes. To participate, please click on the above button. You will be taken to a new page where you will be able to “Sign Up for Your New Account” and complete your initial account registration. Any questions, please call the rectory office (402-296-3139) during weekday business hours. Thank you!
Amazon.com will give our church a percentage of your purchases, if you shop through their smile.amazon.com, rather than amazon.com. Same prices, same email address & password, same shopping, payment & shipping methods! Here are a few easy steps:
- Go to www.smile.amazon.com
- Enter the email address and password you use for amazon.com.
- Not yet an amazon.com shopper? You can create an account.
- It will prompt you to select a charity.
- Search for Church of the Holy Spirit, Plattsmouth
- Select us, and that’s it! Then, remember to use smile.amazon.com rather than amazon.com. (We’re not recommending that people should buy any more than they normally would! )
- Please tell your friends and family about it!!!
With the help of the Great Lakes SCRIP program, the Church of the Holy Spirit has a wonderful opportunity to create much needed revenue for the church. SCRIP allows parishioners to purchase SCRIP cards (gift cards) at face value while giving back a percentage of the sales to the church. So by purchasing gifts cards for stores that you may already frequent (i.e. Hy-Vee, Shell gas, Amazon.com, Old Navy, Applebee’s, Kohl’s, and hundreds more!) you are earning the church money. (For example, Old Navy gives 14% of it’s sales back to the church. By purchasing a $100 gift card, you have just raised $14 for our church.) You can participate in the program with 2 easy steps:
- You need to simply turn in your order form (found on the SCRIP board in the church Commons) with your payment to either the church or school office by Monday at 10:00am. A complete list of vendors is located on the bulletin board.
- Pick up your gift cards the following Thursday afternoon. Cards can also be sent home in your student’s backpack, if requested.
Or order online by going to www.shopwithscrip.com and click “Family Sign Up.” Follow the prompts and use the code (receive from the SCRIP Coordinator – see below) to link your account with the Church of the Holy Spirit. You can choose to pay online (follow the prompts to sign up for “Presto Pay”) or you can order your cards online and leave your payment with either the church or school office. (Ordering online is the preferred method as it can eliminate unnecessary errors.)
Many people fail to participate in SCRIP because they don’t know where they will be spending money during the next week. But how about thinking farther out? Will you be going to the movies, ordering pizza, buying school uniforms, or doing home improvement during the next six months? Stock up on your gift cards now!
The SCRIP Coordinator, Noni Thiesen, welcomes any phone calls (402-296-3139) or email (Noni-Thiesen@cdolinc.net) from anyone who has questions about signing up or about the program in general. Please do not let unanswered questions prevent you from participating in this program that can greatly benefit our church!